Wednesday, November 6, 2013

NOTD: Zoya Nimue & Trixie


Courtesy of Zoya's recent promos and a local beauty supply store shutting down one of their locations and selling everything at 40-50% off, I've recently amassed quite a collection of my favorite polish brand.  In fact, tomorrow's mail should bring another box of pretties since I took advantage of Zoya's Spirit Trios promo to get a few good basic colors that I hadn't purchased yet.  I seriously looooove Zoya, it's a problem.  :)  Not all of their colors/formulas have worked for me, but I'd say at least 90% of the ones I've tried have been awesome and I love how their line is 5-Free AND they're based in Cleveland.  I'm a born and raised Ohioan and got married in Cleveland, so I'm glad to support an Ohio company as often as I can.

Anyway, I recently decided to do a little simple nail art using two of my newer untried Zoya's...Nimue and Trixie:


Nimue is a lovely dusty purple with a strong silver shimmer and paired really well with Trixie, a silver foil that was super easy to use with one of my cut-down art brushes.  For a while, the only silver polish I had was Essie No Place Like Chrome, which is a great staple for any polish collector, but it always struck me as a little harsh as a full mani or accent nail (NPLC is a great stamping and/or detail polish, though).  Enter Trixie, which isn't as "smooth" in appearance as NPLC, courtesy of the foily-er (making up words is FUN!) particles that break up the finish just a little more.  Which probably makes no sense.  Both polishes are great in formula and I'm glad I have both, but Trixie's overall appearance on my nails is just more aesthetically pleasing to me.

More pics after the jump...














I played around with lighting and backgrounds a bit in my photography in order to show how Nimue likes to change appearance sometimes.  It's not a duochrome or anything like that, but it does have a nice sort of neutral tone to it that looks a little different depending on the light. 




I like both of these polishes and am glad to have them in my stash.  I don't LOVE Nimue as much as I thought I would, but that could've just been my mood at the time I wore this mani.  I freehanded the lines and loved how this mani looked from arm's length. I'll definitely be trying this little pattern again with different color combos.

What do you think of this NOTD?

BONUS:  My Zoya love extended to taking some bottle photographs recently and having some fun with a little photoshopping...




No comments:

Post a Comment