Thursday, November 14, 2013

Essie Smokin' Hot + Zoya Kristen & Hazel


Hi, and welcome to my most favoritest (hush, I know that's not a real word, but it should be) mani in ages:


I love this so much that I'm wearing it for an unprecedented 3rd day.  As someone who changes her nails every 1-2 days, this is high praise indeed. I think I'm actually going to be a little sad when it's time to remove this one.  Not a lot sad, because you know....it's just polish....but it'll be a little bit of a bummer.  I may pick a different color combo and do just the freehand swipes (on my thumb) as a full mani....

 

More pics after the jump...




Now, of course, I'll admit this is a far from perfect mani.  Let's not look too closely at that pinky, mmm'kay?  Lol....


The polishes I used:
  Brown - Essie Smokin' Hot
  Blue - Zoya Kristen
  Foil - Zoya Hazel


The tools I used: dotting tools, a cut-down art brush


I don't know why I loved this so much, guess it just suits my current mood.  I really like how the dark grey/brown works with the Zoya blues.  Speaking of which, I was pleasantly surprise at how great Kristen applied for such a light color.  Hardly any streaking, two easy coats that self-leveled in a snap.  Kristen is also a bit of a chameleon, looking either grey or blue depending on the light.  Score another one for Zoya!


What do you think?

1 comment: