Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Fall(ish) Mani with Julie G, Milani & China Glaze


I'm originally from Ohio where the seasons are typically "hot as blazes with 90% humidity" for about 2-3 months, and then it's "grey dreary and dark" for the rest of the year.  Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating just a little, and to be fair it's been 15 years since I lived there so perhaps I'm just remembering incorrectly.  I love Ohio and I do enjoy getting back there often to see friends and family as often as possible.  But, I married a Marine and we've since lived in many wonderful places...NC (twice), MD, VA, CA and we currently live in FL though not for much longer...next stop DELAWARE!

Anyway, this is my wordy way of saying that living in FL, we don't really get traditional weather seasons.  Which means that I'm often a little conflicted about my polish mood...my FL self says "you still have the A/C running, put on some bright blue/aqua!!" while my OH-raised soul says "it's November, it's time for something dark and earthy and reminiscent of fall".  Don't worry, I'm Gemini, we often have these sorts of internal debates.  :)

Anyway AGAIN, here is a mani where the OH in me won out:


I'm not much for red, orange, yellow tones, so this was a more subtle version of what I'd consider fall colors.  The neutral taupe is Julie G Stiletto, the shimmery brown is Milani Chocolate Sprinkles and the silver foil accent is China Glaze Gossip Over Gimlets.  The pattern itself?  I think I was originally going for trees, but my freehand skills aren't the best and I think it came out looking more like ferns...?


More pics after the jump....




These photos were taken "on the fly" as I was busier than usual when I wore this mani and didn't get a chance to document it under my usual photography conditions.  Hence, why you see my jeans in the background of the below photos.  Lol....



I enjoyed this mani, I'm all about simple nail art (plus, my art skills are generally on the "simple" level), and this was a nice way to celebrate fall.  I don't particularly love how the Julie G color played with my skin tone though, so I think it may go in the swap/donate pile.  BUT, it was a great polish and covered well in two coats, even has a touch of silvery shimmer to add some subtle interest.  So if you want it, comment below or send me an email and I'll send it along!

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment