Thursday, November 7, 2013

NOTD: "Dragon Hunter"


Hey y'all...two posts in two days.  Wooohoooo!  Making up for my frequent absences when I get the chance, I guess.  Have I mentioned that my family and I are kinda going through a huge life transition thing right now?  My husband decided to retire from the military and found a civilian job that is requiring us to move to northern Delaware and wrap up our life here in three months, with those three months falling during one of the busiest times of the year, and it's been pretty chaotic around these here parts.  So if I'm here one day and then gone for 2 weeks, now you know why.  I think I'll feel a bit more grounded once we've found a place to live and I've gotten my kiddo enrolled in a school, both of which I hope to have accomplished by the end of November. 

Okay, now I'm just babbling.  Back to nails....

Today's nail of the day is a mani I wore and loved a few weeks back.  I'd bought Zoya Hunter at Ulta one day and it was sitting there on the counter a few days later when I received a Llarowe order containing a England Dragon...talk about a perfect polish match!  I have the sort of skin tone that has a hard time pulling off greens so you'll see some lobster hands here, but I've now reached the age where I don't care because green is a favorite color of mine and I'm gonna wear it even if I get the dreaded red fingers.  :)


Puuuuuurty, right?  a England Dragon is perfection in a bottle, which isn't a surprise to anyone who's used a England polishes.  I'm wearing it here on my middle two fingers, along with a freehand swipe on the index/pinky fingers that have a base of Zoya Hunter.  I personally prefer subtle holos and Dragon fits the bill perfectly, applying smoothly and nearly opaque in one coat (though I did two coats here).

More pics after the jump, if you're interested:



I'll admit my photos don't really do the holo justice, but you can see it peeking through in some of these pics.  It's a little stronger in real life, but not much, which is a-okay with me.  
 
I was all proud of my little freehand stripes, done using a cut-down art brush.  My lines are usually shaky in general, but here they came out pretty straight.  I loved the simplicity of this mani.  I enjoy doing nail art when in the mood, but I don't often have that kind of time so simple ways to jazz up whatever's on my tips are my go-to art of choice...dots, tape, quick lines or doodles, french tips. 


I love comments....what do you think of my "Dragon Hunter" mani?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment