Monday, September 30, 2013

Sephora Color Hit - Blackjack


I was at JC Penney a while back and wandered over by Sephora where I spotted these teeny little bottles of polish.  I'm generally not a Sephora shopper...nothing against 'em, it's just not my style for the most part plus in general it's a little spendy and out of my usual budget...but those cute little Color Hit bottles drew me in for a closer look.  Several colors interested me, but I only ended up purchasing this one, called Blackjack:


I might just maybe kinda sorta have a weakness for grey polish, specifically anything in the "gunmetal" family.  I just think it's such a chic color, not as harsh as black (especially on my pale skin), and if that grey has a shimmer?  Must. Buy. Now.  :)

More after jump....




This is two coats with a kind of gloopy formula, I'll have to try thinning it a bit for the next time (with my usual combo of Essie Millionails base coat and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat).

I have to say, while I liked this polish on the nail well enough, it's way prettier in the bottle.  The pink, blue and silvery shimmers make the color look almost a grey-to-pink duochrome in the bottle, but once on the nail, the color settles into firm gunmetal grey with a strong shimmer shift (but not duochrome at all).

Don't get me wrong, it's still a lovely and interesting (ie. NOT boring) dark grey and I'm glad I have it in my stash.


My online search about this polish didn't pull up a lot, but it does seem that maybe this is either a renamed/repromoted polish from Sephora called "It's Time To Rock", or it's a very close dupe to that older one...?  Don't quote me on that, just be aware of it in case you're interested in tracking down either of those polishes.


And to complete this post....my first attempt at a galaxy nail.  I thought Blackjack would be a good base for trying out the galaxy nail concept.  While not a complete disaster, I think I need more practice!  ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment