Friday, August 23, 2013

Nabi Hologram - Ocean Blue


During a "shop my feelings" trip earlier this week (first week of kindergarten for my kiddo), I wandered into Walgreens.  I snagged a couple of Sinful Colors polishes, but discovered a rack of Nabi Hologram polishes that appeared to have just been put out.  I'd heard of Nabi (via blogs), but knew nothing about them so I did a little online research and then decided to pick a few up to try.  They were so new that they didn't even have price tags on them and the cashier had to ask her manager what to charge.  I believe that maybe the Mgr picked a random number off the top of his head, so I may have to go back in a few days to see if what I paid is, in fact, the correct price.  I'm usually not one to nickle-and-dime, but given the casual way they priced the polish, I want to make sure I paid a fair amount.

Anyway, here is the pretty Nabi Hologram in Ocean Blue:

Two coats over Essie Millionails base coat and no top coat.

Things I liked:
  • Beautiful Caribbean ocean color, that sort of crazy vibrant green-blue that doesn't seem real when you see it in person.
  • Super fast drying. I'm a compulsive fast dry top-coater but in this case, I didn't need it!
  • Subtle holo effect, both linear and scattered.  I prefer the base color to stand out in my holos, rather than vice versa, so this polish's holo is just right for me.
Things I didn't like:
  • The formula was a little bit of a pain...patchy and balding, I had to load up the brush and use a very light touch to do the 2nd coat.   A 3rd coat would probably fix any of these issues, but I'm kinda lazy and didn't feel like doing another one.  :)
  • Personally, I think they should have named this "Ocean Green" because this definitely leans more green than blue.  But what do I know?  :)
 More pics and notes after the jump...






My camera made the color a bit more blue than the polish is in real life, so please keep that in mind while viewing.  The very first pic in this post is most color-accurate.






What do you think?  I picked up two more colors from this line, Sky Blue and Black Berry, so I'll post those once I've had a chance to wear 'em.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the color of this one. I don't think my Walgreens has them, but next time I'm there I'll look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I find that some stores tend to get random collections while others don't...can be a little annoying sometimes! You guys have Rite Aid, don't you? They carry Jessie's Girl/Julie G polishes, which are also a fun inexpensive brand.

    ReplyDelete