Wednesday, September 10, 2014

I may have taken a break from blogging....

...but I didn't take a break from polishing my nails and photographing them!  So without further ado, here is some more swatch spam for your viewing pleasure.  :)


First up is Finger Paints Itsy Bitsy Spider, a very pretty purple with bright bright bright (almost neon) blue shimmer that is so prevalent, it makes the polish lean more blue in certain lights.


Now, I swatched this a long time ago and I can't remember if I did 2 or 3 coats.  The purple base is somewhat jelly-like so I might have done 3 coats.  But then again, I could have done 2 since I rarely have the patience for a 3rd coat of any polish.  My apologies for not taking better notes! 


More swatches after the jump!




Next up is Formula X for Sephora Legend, a nice dark vampy purple with what I call "super shimmer" (or maybe they're glass fleck?  I can never tell the difference, oops.) in light purple and light blue.  Not that my photos show it quite that way, but you can see the two colors clearly once you get a few millimeters away from the polish.  :) 

For a purple lover like me, this is a beautiful polish that's not at all boring.  The overall effect is dark and vampy, a perfect fall/winter color, and I look forward to re-wearing it again very soon!



Now it's time to check out a bit of a departure from my typical polish comfort zone.  Below, my friends, is Sinful Colors Hot Chili.  In the bottle, it looks red, but on my nails it leans more orange.  I'm fair-skinned, cool toned, so I always shy away from reds, oranges, yellows since they generally don't flatter me at all.  And that's also the case with this polish.  However, it has a home in my stash for the time being since it's so unique: holo glitter in an orangey-red base (that dries slightly gritty, so this will need at least a couple coats of a good topcoat if you want it smooth...I only did one coat of topcoat here) at a $1.99 price point?  Yep, I'll keep ya around for a while....


Lookit that pretty holo glitter!



Moving on, let's take a look at another Sinful Colors polish, Leather Loose....


Leather Loose is a deep dark brown matte polish lightened up just a bit by golden shimmery flecks.  It's a pretty unique polish and a good example of how an inexpensive drug store brand can compete with the more expensive and/or indie polishes when it comes to a good quality, unusual finish.  While I don't have any photos of it, I did put top coat on this mani and loved the polish even more since that brought out the shimmer even more!



Today's final feature is OPI Muir Muir On The Wall.  I have to admit, I swatched this long ago and seeing as how I don't really remember what I thought about it at the time, I think it kinda bored me?  I mean, it's an interesting and pretty polish, a near-black base with a prominent red shimmer, but it's a little sheer (this is 2 coats and would probably look best with 3 coats) and looking at the photos now, I'm thinking it will go in my swap pile.

Don't let my "meh" opinion stop you if you're looking to purchase this shade, by all means go for it since it's a good OPI polish.  It's just not one I gravitate towards when seeking something dark and vampy.



That's it for today, folks. Please feel free to comment and/or let me know if you have any questions, and I'll be back soon with another post....thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment