Monday, December 16, 2013

Why choose? Duo Mani with Elevation Echinops and Sally Hansen Satin Glam Taffeta


I returned home from a few days at Disney to find two packages containing pretty new polishes (haul photo below), and I couldn't wait to try 'em out!  But on the drive home, while thinking about what I'd be putting on my nails that evening, I couldn't stop thinking about a recently purchased Sally Hansen polish....one of the new colors in their Satin Glam line, Taffeta.  So what does any polish enthusiast do when they can't decide what color to wear?  Wear 'em both!


That gorgeous lighter blue/lavender is Elevation Polish "Echinops".  The shimmery particles are holo, but it's a very subtle holo and there wasn't even a little chance that I'd capture it in photos so you'll have to take my word for it.  :)  The purple/orchid color is Sally Hansen Satin Glam in Taffeta, which dries semi-matte without a topcoat, but I top coat everything usually, and to be honest, I preferred Taffeta with the topcoat.  It's pretty as a matte, but a top coat brings out all of these beautiful tiny blue and pink shimmers in the orchid base and I just love it!

Oh yeah, here's the haul photo of my new Elevation and KB Shimmer pretties:

I run a jewelry shop on Etsy and recently sold some pieces that gave me a bit of "mad money" so I immediately ordered these polishes that have been on my lemming list for a while:  ELEVATION - Echinops (blue), Rapa Nui (teal) and Khongoyn Els (brown), and KB SHIMMER - Turbulence (grey) and Plum Tuckered Out (purple), and I also got a some KB Shimmer cuticle oil to try out.

As much as I like the two-color mani, it was kinda screaming for a little art, so I dug out the brushes and a dotting tool and did this:

Despite being less than skilled at freehand nail art, I still enjoy doing it and I don't think this is TOO bad for it being my first attempt at snowflakes.  I used Essie No Place Like Chrome for the silver.

More pics after the jump, should you be interested!








Elevation Polish is fast becoming one of my most favorite polish brands.  The creator of these lovely lacquers, LuLu, just seems to have a real knack for making interesting polishes with varying finishes (something for everyone!) and I can't get over how great the formulas are for the four colors I've tried so far: Echinops, Khongoryn Els, Mount Cangyan and Mutzagh Ata.  And they're so affordable for an indie company, imo.  Even more so during December, when most of her polishes are on sale!!




The formula on the Sally Hansen Satin Glam Taffeta was super easy with no problems at all with application.  As I mentioned earlier, this is a matte finish polish (more like satin, as the line is called) and that finish is lovely.  I just happen to prefer it top-coated, at least with this particular mani. 

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. You are right about Taffeta with top coat! It looks so pretty. Lovely mani!

    ReplyDelete