Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Zoya Skittle!


'Tis one of my favorite times of the year....Zoya's Earth Day exchange promo!  Money is a little tight these days, so I'm not sure if I'll partake in the promo, but it's almost too good to pass up so maybe we'll just have a lot of grilled-cheese-and-soup dinners for a while in order to support my endless love of all things Zoya?  :)

To honor what I feel is one of the best polish companies on the planet (bold words considering I've yet to try probably about 90% of the world's polishes), here is a mani I did a while back using only Zoya polishes:

Polishes used:
Mason - shimmery deep pink
Bevin - dusty green creme
Cassedy - shimmery greenish/gunmetalish (yes, that's what I said)
Purity - white creme

More after the jump......


So I'm thinking I was in a spring mood when I did this manicure, plus I wanted to use as many of my untrieds polishes as possible.

That pink Mason sure is lovely and shimmery and the formula is the usual Zoya perfection.  I generally don't wear pinks like this as full-on manicures because they're just not my preference (I'm so pale that most reds and a lot of pinks look like blood).  However, Mason is so pretty that I may just have to try her out on all my tips.  This one will definitely see a few pedicures though, that's for sure!

Ohhhh how I love dusty colors and Bevin, the background on the flower fingernail, is a great one.  Again, a great and easy formula, opaque in two coats, and it doesn't seem to give me the dreaded lobster hands.  Wonderful color all around.


My favorite of all, though....is Cassedy.  What a unique creation from Zoya!  I knew from reading blog reviews that this technically "pewter/gunmetal" shade had a strong green cast to it, and that is definitely true.  So true that in some lighting I felt like Cassedy was more green and in other lighting it felt more along the grey family.  But it's not a duochrome, at least as far as I can tell...it's just a bit of a multi-personality polish, imo.

Purity is a fairly good white, for being a white (as we all know, white polishes can be tricky!).  I've found that with my polishing style, I always need at least 2 coats, maybe 3 if I'm not covering it with some sort of nail art design, but it's still a good Zoya formula and easy to manipulate.

So there you have it, my fun skittle manicure using all Zoya polishes.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment