Tuesday, April 22, 2014


Well....ummmmm......HI!  I'm back, kinda.  After moving north in early-ish January and trying to get settled in with hubs and kiddo and kitties...throw in a few road trips and THE WORST WINTER TO MOVE NORTH after not living in any sort of snowy area for 15+ years, I'm finally...slowly....starting to find my new routine.  Sorta.  A little bit.  We still have loads of boxes to unpack, but guess what got unpacked and organized fairly quickly?  Yep, my polish stash.  Though I haven't been blogging, I've still been polishing regularly, as it seems to be one of the few things keeping me sane in this time of "the unknown" and upheaval.  Have I ever mentioned that I don't cope well with change and lack of a routine???

So anyway, what have I chosen to share with you today as my comeback post? Let's do a couple of green skittle manis, both featuring Zoya Chita....



Details and more pics after the jump....



First up, I'd had Zoya Chita in my untried stash for a while and though I love green in just about any form, it's not a color that plays well with my skintone so I had to wait until I was in the mood to take a chance on some lobster hands...


Now for some reason I never labeled these photos with the polish colors, like I try to do with each manicure, so you'll have to forgive me for whatever errors I make by guessing.  The off-white is OPI My Vampire is Buff, the glittery green texture is Zoya Chita, the lighter green is probably Orly Gumdrop and that awesome green matte is another Zoya gem,Varuschka.


I really enjoyed wearing this mani and I think it's when I realized that having different nails (skittle/skittlette) is probably my preferred kind of manicure.  When I get an unusual and interesting polish, I enjoy wearing it alone but find that that usually only lasts a day before I either add something to it, or take it off for the next mani idea.  Anyone else like this?  :)


You can see some tip wear in this pics (and sorry for the dry cuticles...I need to figure out how to live in a winter climate where everything needs moisturized just about every second of the day), but that's probably more of an indication of how rough I am on my hands than it is on the polish itself.  No mani lasts more than 2 days on me, maybe 3 if I'm not doing my daily routine (housewife and mom stuff), so keep that in mind as you read my blog.

Next up is my St. Patrick's Day mani:


Polishes used here: OPI Love Angel Music Baby (gorgeous satin gold), Zoya Chita (green texture) and Zoya Hunter (dark green).  Ooops, I think this is a bit out of focus, sorry 'bout that. 


The clovers on my thumb and pinky were stamped using Winstonia plate W105 (first generation) with the OPI Love Angel Music Baby gold satin, and I filled in a few teeny blank/light areas using one of my random small brushes. 


I really liked how the different finishes...satin, glossy and texture...looked together in this manicure. 


What do you think of my two green offerings for today?

Thanks for viewing and being patient with me as I get used to new region, new weather, new house, new routines, new lighting for the photography, new everything.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I was just wondering what you were up to...these manis are both so cute, and I love the clover pinky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa, thanks! I'm alive for the most part. I think the move and all of the related issues with that (plus my husband retiring from the military and us transitioning to a civilian life) just knocked me a bit harder than I anticipated, so the blog took a waaaaay backseat. I hope to get back on track now though! :)

    ReplyDelete